users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Basic Authorization not being received

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:49:16 PST

All

Thanks for your help! I have solved my problem. Previously, in Sun One Application Server, an entry such as:

grant {
    permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

in the server.policy file did not affect the web service clients. For GlassFish 2.1.1 this line meant that all requests to the web service were accepted without any challenge. Once I changed it to

grant codeBase "file:${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/j2ee-modules/arm/-"
{
    permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

It worked!
Thank you so much!
[Message sent by forum member 'bcoulson220' ]