users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Putting GlassFish v3 in Production: Essential Surviving Guide

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:51:37 -0500

Salut,

Cam Bazz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have carefully read JeanFrancois final post, and applied in my
> glassfish (v3 b72)
>
> 1. it seems that -XX:+AggressiveHeap is an invalid option (on 64bit jvm)
>
> 2. there is no : network-config>transports>transport#acceptor-threads
> , but network-config>transports>transport>tcp#acceptor-threads, and i
> think this is the same one mentioned in the posting.

Oups typo. Fixed

> 3. there is also no network-config>network-listeners>thread-pool , but
> network-config>thread-pools>http-threadpool and
> network-config>thread-pools>thread-pool-1

Clarified

> the http-threadpool is set to 5, and the thread-pool-1 is set to 200
> max. i thin the latter is the general thread pool for everything.

Yes, this is for Corba.

> from what i understand, there are acceptor threads and request
> processing threads. what values should i use for which one?

acceptor-thread == number of core
workerthread = depends on your application

> I am already using glassfishv3 in production mode, but there are
> occasional hangs (the server does not crash, but becomes unresponsive
> for 1-2 minutes, and I could not figure out why)

If you can get a jstack PID when that happens it will help us debugging
the issue. Are you using any dabatase/jdbc/connection pool by any
chance? If yes, we know where to start looking :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois