users@glassfish.java.net

Putting GlassFish v3 in Production: Essential Surviving Guide

From: Cam Bazz <cambazz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:00:52 +0200

Hello,

I have carefully read JeanFrancois final post, and applied in my
glassfish (v3 b72)

1. it seems that -XX:+AggressiveHeap is an invalid option (on 64bit jvm)

2. there is no : network-config>transports>transport#acceptor-threads
, but network-config>transports>transport>tcp#acceptor-threads, and i
think this is the same one mentioned in the posting.

3. there is also no network-config>network-listeners>thread-pool , but
network-config>thread-pools>http-threadpool and
network-config>thread-pools>thread-pool-1

the http-threadpool is set to 5, and the thread-pool-1 is set to 200
max. i thin the latter is the general thread pool for everything.

from what i understand, there are acceptor threads and request
processing threads. what values should i use for which one?

I am already using glassfishv3 in production mode, but there are
occasional hangs (the server does not crash, but becomes unresponsive
for 1-2 minutes, and I could not figure out why)

Best Regards,
-C.B.