users@glassfish.java.net

web services handler chain and descriptor

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:48:11 PST

hello everyone,

I've had some experience working with jax-ws web services (metro + tomcat) and am thinking of moving over to glassfish.

However I'm having some trouble find answers to some basic questions so here I am, hoping someone can point me to where I can look.

Specifically, I'm unable to figure out how to add a new handler in the glassfish WS handler chain. With metro I was using sun-jaxws.xml, but I read that glassfish does not use this file (it is metro specific??) and instead uses webservices.xml as the WS descriptor file.

I cant find any good documentation on the format and functionality of the webservices.xml file. For instance its not mentioned in the list of j2ee deployment descriptor files here:

http://docs.sun.com/source/819-0079/dgdesc.html#wp83567

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards,
AJ
[Message sent by forum member 'topsyturvy' ]