users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Installation Failed with no message

From: Noah White <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:03:53 -0500

That's correct. Glassfush v2.x installer won't work with 64bit VM. You
need to first install a 32 bit VM and set JAVA_HOME to point to that
then after installing GF you can point it's config script to use the
64 bit version and reset JAVA_HOME back to the 64 bit one. That said
Glassfish using 64bit is not officially supported by Sun. That's
unfortunate for something that is supposed to be Enterprise class.

-Noah