users@glassfish.java.net

Connection Reset by Peer - actually is server timing out on authorization

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:13:58 PST

All

So I have been struggling with this problem for a couple of months. We have a web service that runs on Sun One Application Server 8.1. Its main job in life is to accept and ultimately process a Soap message with an XML attachment (that in theory can get quite large, up to 150 MB). When the attachment is less than 5 MB, no problems. If the attachment is larger than that, our connection is dropped. We tried changing our client & server settings to no timeout, keep connection alive, etc to no avail. We noticed in the application server log that every time we attempted to send a large file, an entry was logged in the access.log saying authorization failure. Although we never saw the authorization failure.

I changed my settings in SoapUI (the tool I am using to send Soap messages) to preemptively authorize and it works!!! My question is: should the server be dropping the connection like that? It does not seem likely/logical to me. It seems as if the server should continue to keep the connection open while the entire message is downloaded.

thank you in advance
brenda
[Message sent by forum member 'bcoulson220' ]