users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Communication trouble DAS - Node Agent

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:42:38 PST

I will explore initialization scripts as an option but it would be a tradeoff. An operator who needs to bring the NA up manually will need to know that asadmin is not applicable for starting a node agent on the Windows hosts. Ops will love that.

Windows does have a graphical service console so we might integrate with that and disable CLI appserv operations on Win. But then we are still making unsupported changes to the GF installation so we might as well modify the launcher config.

But no worries, I'll figure out some kind of recommendation that makes sense.

Thank you again for all of your help.

  -=greg
[Message sent by forum member 'gjwiley' ]