users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish on AIX on 64-bit JVM?

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:14:43 -0800

Hi Andrés
We do not yet support 64 bit VMs for both IBM JDK 5 and 6 on AIX
although you can deploy on AIX 64 bit OS with a 32 bit VM due to JDK
issues arising when running clustering, and one that affects the ORB.
It would be good to know if 64 bit VM support is critical for you and
what specifically you are looking for in a 64 bit VM other than the
benefit of a larger process size beyond 4GB.

If you are already a support customer or are planning to be one, we can
take the support ticket route to help with prioritizing it for support.
Let us know if that would work for you.

Thanks
Shreedhar