users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish on AIX on 64-bit JVM?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:33:56 PST

Hi all,

I would like to know if AIX 5.3 with a 64-bit JDK 5 is a supported / tested platform for GlassFish v2.1.1.

I know that when the support for AIX was introduced back in late 2007 with GlassFish v2 UR1, only 32-bit JDK 5 was supported and only up to AIX 5.3:

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqAIXSupportV2UR1

Now GlassFish v2.1.1 supports AIX 6.1 and there's work going on to support JDK 6 but I haven't seen any news about 64-bit support and the release notes doesn't detail it:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-0188/abpak?l=es&a=view

As you can imagine, we are going to have a big production server with lots of memory and we would like to be able to use a big heap instead of having to split in different instances; not the easiest thing to do since the load balancer plugin is not supported on AIX either.

Thanks in advance,

-- Andrés
[Message sent by forum member 'aromanos_avalon' ]