users@glassfish.java.net

Per Application User Connection Pool Configuration for Auditing

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:29:17 PST

[b]Problem[/b]
I need to dynamically create a DB connection pool per user logged into glassfish instead of using a single static connection pool.

[b]Reason[/b]
Our Oracle audits do auditing based off the username from a connection string. All of our EJB calls are initiated by an internal Swing App that authenticates the user and passes the auth credentials to the app server. From here I need to dynamically create a jdbc connection from the auth credentials.

We have a JBoss App Server for which we wrote JBoss specific code in order to do this.
I have not been able to find anything thus far on how to implement this in GF, whether its GF specific code or configuration.

Suggesting different Oracle auditing schemes is not an option and this needs to be resolved on the app server side.

Thanks for your time.
[Message sent by forum member 'mchizmar' ]