users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish on AIX on 64-bit JVM?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:34:09 PST

Hi, Shreedhar

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I am mostly interested about the increased heap space of a 64-bit process. I'm not sure that the expected load will require a heap of more than the effective maximum of ~2.5-3 GB for a 32-bit JVM, but because of a messed up hardware sizing process, the production machine has 16 GB of RAM and it's difficult to justify the mismatch between used and available resources. We would also like to use GlassFish clustering to replicate live session data and for 1-stop application deployment between two nodes in an Active/Passive hot-standby cluster, but that is something we could skip for now.

Do you think we are on the safe side if we don't make use of clustering features or that ORB issue will hit us anyway? The application is a regular J2EE 1.4 enterprise app with heavy use of JMS and GlassFish MQ, Web Services and a couple of Web applications.

I am afraid we are not a supported customer. I'm not sure we if could apply since we are not the final customer but a software provider and as far as I know budget is not reserved for this within the project.

Thanks,

-- Andrés
[Message sent by forum member 'aromanos_avalon' ]