users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Preferred X86-64 Linux Distribution for Glassfish

From: Elan <thinklog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 23:33:54 -0800

Hi.

On an X86-64 Ubuntu 9.04 jaunty system I am trying to install java jdk, to
be able to run glassfish.

apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

1. Running apt-get install I get the following error:
E: Package sun-java6-jdk has no installation candidate

2. Incidentally, apt-get update says:

3. Maybe I'm missing some repository? If so, how do I add the missing
repository?

4. I'd much appreciate some advice.

1. Running apt-get I get the following error:
apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package sun-java6-jdk is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package sun-java6-jdk has no installation candidate

2. Incidentally, apt-get update says:
apt-get update
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security Release.gpg
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty Release.gpg