users@glassfish.java.net

Re: strange welcome-files behavior...

From: Shing Wai Chan <Shing-Wai.Chan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:17:32 -0800

I have looked at the war file. The behavior is expected.
Here is what happens:
1. default-web.xml append index.jsp to welcome file list
2. access "<context-root>/" --> welcome files
3. GlassFish will
    i) look up the existing resource first
    ii) and then the urls

Case A: no index.jsp
     i) no found
     ii) found

Case B: has index.jsp
     i) find index.jsp, stop no need to do (ii)

Regards,
      Shing Wai Chan