users@glassfish.java.net

Re: strange welcome-files behavior...

From: Shing Wai Chan <Shing-Wai.Chan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:30:53 -0800

Hi all,
According the comment in default-web.xml,

 <!-- If you define welcome files in your own application's
web.xml -->
 <!-- deployment descriptor, that list *replaces* the list
configured -->
 <!-- here, so be sure that you include any of the default values
that -->
 <!-- you wish to include.

(1) below should not happen when there is a welcome file defined in web.xml.
I have just checkin a fix for this.

In otherwise, we have the following
(1') there is an entry in web.xml, so welcome file in default-web.xml
will not be added
(2) access "<context-root>/" --> welcome files
3. GlassFish will
   i) look up the existing resource first corresponding to welcome files set
   ii) and then the urls

Case A: no index.jsp
    i) no found
    ii) found

Case B: has index.jsp
    i) index.jsp is not part of welcome file sets, so no found
    ii) found

Thanks.
    Shing Wai Chan