users@glassfish.java.net

deployment taking 45 minutes (a very long time)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:05:51 PST

We have deployed our second Glassfish cluster. The application we are deploying is very large. It's well over 100MB. I got around the size limit by editing /opt/sun/glassfish/lib/install/applications/admingui/adminGUI_war/WEB-INF/web.xml and changing the UploadFilter to 200000000.

Synchronization is taking a very long time. The problem is intermittent. Here's an example from the log:
Synchronization for myapp is complete. Total time spent 2783984 milli second(s).

It seems that we can reboot each node, redeploy and deployment is nearly instant.

All of this is on a gigabit network, so file upload is not an issue. I'd really like to find out what's causing this. There are no log entries indicating what's going on during this time. I really don't want to bow to the pressure from my co-workers to go back to Tomcat.
[Message sent by forum member 'csimm' (csimm_at_pubpress.com)]