users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish server not starting up

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 03:09:30 PST

Thanks. The broker log shows the broker starting, apparently successfully, at 00:24:21 GMT and then shutting down 1 min 17 secs later. The shutdown throws an exception; I don't know whether this is significant.

It's hard to tell what's going wrong. The server log shows that the broker won't start, but I see no error in the broker log.

I would like to be able to match up the messages in the broker log with the messages in the server log. Unfortunately the server log messages don't have timestamps. Is this the Netbeans console output?

The server log is domains\domain1\logs\server.log. This should include timestamps.

Can you please : delete the broker log and the server log, then start the server, and then post the two logs?

One thing to check: make sure your machine is networked and doesn't change IP address.

Nigel
[Message sent by forum member 'nigeldeakin' (nigel.deakin_at_sun.com)]