users@glassfish.java.net

Re: em.merge after em.persist problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 02:28:24 PST

Thank you for the answer. Tried and it works.

In fact the StockFacade and its create() method is generated by NetBean with return type void. Same thing for the em.persist() method, return void. If this is the normal way of doing this, why these methods were designed in such a way?? Besides, though my coding works, I don't quite understand why returning the object that I past into the create() method would attach the entity to the context?? Anybody care to enlighten me?
[Message sent by forum member 'senderj' (senderj_at_hotmail.com)]