users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sending messages between two different Glassfish instances

From: Nils <n.bruenggel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:50:16 +0100

Hi Nigel

Thanks a lot for your help, without your help, I think I couldn't get
it to work.

I did a very simple example, which sends a text message to an MDB,
located on another Glassfish instance. Below a few things I noticed.

> No. The thing to keep in mind is that with two unclustered instances, you have to decide
> which one is going to handle (and store) the messages, and then configure both sender
> (connection factory) and consumer (activation spec) to point to the instance you choose.

The MDB must have a queue assigned to it, so this only leaves the
possibility to have both, the Queue and the ConnectionFactory on the
host receiving the msg and fetch it from there.

I also didn't had to add the AddressList property to the
ConnectionFactory, however I added it to the ActivationConfig of the
MDB.

One last question: Is it possible to configure Glassfish (or the MDB)
so, that any host (in a closed network of course) can send messages to
a queue, which is then processed in an MDB?

Nils