users@glassfish.java.net

Invalid ejb jar .... it contains zero ejb.

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:43:50 +0100

I am refactoring an old project to run with maven and Java EE 6, but I
touched an old problem I don't remember anymore:

     [exec] com.sun.enterprise.admin.cli.CommandException: remote
failure: Exception while deploying the app :
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid ejb jar
[cejug-classifieds-login-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar]: it contains zero ejb.
     [exec] Note:
     [exec] 1. A valid ejb jar requires at least one session, entity
(1.x/2.x style), or message driven bean.
     [exec] 2. EJB3+ entity beans (@Entity) are POJOs and please
package them as library jar.
     [exec] 3. If the jar file contains valid EJBs which are annotated
with EJB component level annotations (@Stateless, @Stateful,
@MessageDriven, @Singleton), please check server.log to see whether
the annotations were processed properly.

what is it ?

* yes, the jar contains MDBs...