users@glassfish.java.net

Single sign-on

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:17:04 PDT

I'm trying to get single sign-on with LDAP working, but don't seem to have any luck. I've enabled security and added an LDAP realm and made it my default realm. I've enabled SSO in Glassfish. I believe that is all I need to do, but when I browse to one of the applications I'm not prompted for a user id and password. I tried adding the following to the apps web.xm file
<login-config>
        <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
        <realm-name>LdapRealm</realm-name>
</login-config>

and it still doesn't prompt me for authentication. Am I missing something? Since I've set the default realm is it necessary to specify in the web.xml file the login-config element. If I'm doing this for all app, do I just add this element to the default-web.xml file on the app server? Either way it's not working.
[Message sent by forum member 'madmac' (jeff.mcguire_at_stanct.org)]