users@glassfish.java.net

Confused about connection pool resource types and classnames

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 06:14:08 PDT

Hi all

I have a few database connection pools set up to Pervasive, Informix, Oracle and PostgreSQL. I see differing views in my searches and even in the Glassfish documentation of which Resource Type and DataSource classnames to use when setting up these pools.

Should I always use a pooling one if possible? Does it really matter? For PostgreSQL for example, I am using javax.sql.DataSource and org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource which seems to work fine, so I am just wondering if I am missing any functionality as a result of these choices.
[Message sent by forum member 'gibsonc' (gibsonc_at_vodacom.co.za)]