users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish against multiple Solaris\Unix accounts

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 06:25:56 PDT

What's the best solution to this ...

I have a web app that front ends existing shell scripts, exe's etc which requires execution with an exact user account (I think the shell script string checks the account name). Installing glassfish in this account works fine, what I would like would be to install multiple web apps on the same glassfish (diff names) that could execute in different solaris accounts (maybe using different domains ?), obviously I have all the passwords for these accounts.

My app can SU so from glassfish as root so I can su to the other accounts as it requires no password but I've had issues with getting processBuilder to issue passwords to prompts which I think might be an OS feature, so I've had trouble jumping from accounts other than root (which is obviously a none starter from a security perspective).

any thoughts ...
[Message sent by forum member 'chrishurst' (chris_at_hurstonline.co.uk)]