users@glassfish.java.net

Enterprise setup advice

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 02:26:02 PDT

Hi. I'm pretty new to Glassfish, just a quick question on the setup I have in mind. I'm going to be looking after 25 - 30 small JSP apps that are going to be hosted on 7 physical servers using Glassfish. Some of these applications aren't coded great so I'm expecting issues with them - crashing the server, eating up all the CPU/RAM etc

Would it be a good idea to create multiple domains on each physical server - even give each app it's own domain? Say if I have 5 of these apps on one server, give each one it's own domain, would that cause the server problems?

I guess I just want to have a situation where one bad app doesn't bring down the others on the same server.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'kentpc' (55094_at_kent.pnn.police.uk)]