users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why can't I rename .asadminpass?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 16:51:22 PDT

I am sorry you are running into this. Hope we had explained it a bit better.

The .asadminpass file is not the one that --passwordfile expects. These two files (although somewhat related) are completely different beasts :)
- The one that passwordfile expects is a simple properties file with syntax:
-- AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=secret
- The .asadminpass file is created by a login interface (see: asadmin login and asadmin create-domain --savelogin). This essentially was thought as a shortcut to passwordfile, but apparently it's causing confusion in your case.

Let me know if this explains.

-Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (kedar.mhaswade_at_sun.com)]