users@glassfish.java.net

Why can't I rename .asadminpass?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 08:54:15 PDT

Hi,

I'm trying to add two domains to my glassfishv3-web-preview install. I run glassfish using a system user 'glassfish'. I add the domains with the command:

[code]
sudo -u glassfish ./asadmin create-domain --user admin --savelogin --portbase 6600 testing
[/code]

That outputs the file '/home/glassfish/.asadminpass'. I can start and stop the domain perfectly fine at that point using:

[code]
sudo -u glassfish ./asadmin start-domain testing
[/code]

and

[code]
 sudo -u glassfish ./asadmin stop-domain --user admin --passwordfile /home/glassfish/.asadminpass testing
[/code]

However, if I move the password file to '/home/glassfish/.asadminpass-testing' I get an error on shutdown:

[code]
sudo -u glassfish ./asadmin stop-domain --user admin --passwordfile /home/glassfish/.asadminpass-testing testing

com.sun.enterprise.cli.framework.CommandException: Authorization has been refused for credentials [user: admin] given in this request.
(Usually, this means invalid user name and/or password)
Command stop-domain failed.
[/code]

What am I doing wrong? I'd be just as happy to remove the password files all together. Is there a way I can create a domain that doesn't require a password for shutdown without removing the web-gui password?
[Message sent by forum member 'jptech' (ryan_at_jptech.ca)]