users@glassfish.java.net

Re: issues with pkg (update center client) tool?

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:46:54 -0700

Jakub,

sorry, you became a victim of UC client upgrade in progress :-(

Nightly builds are AFAIK generally available, but when it comes to IPS
related functionality you may run into issues with the nightly since
updated IPS packages are published to external repository only for
promoted builds. In this particular case, we upgraded UC client version
used for internal build repository and as the result the nightly build
distribution has pkg-java package of the higher version than the one
which is "allowed" by pkg-toolkit-incorporation package which is
currently published on external repository... Things will get back to
normal when we push the same version of the package to external
repository which is slated for Wednesday, after the build promotion.

In the meantime, if you need to install additional addon package on top
of your nightly build installation, you should be able to use
updatecenter section of AdminGUI without bootstraping the pkg client...

Thanks,

Snjezana