users@glassfish.java.net

Re: issues with pkg (update center client) tool?

From: Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:51:27 +0200

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 11:22:52AM +0200, Jakub Podlesak wrote:

> Hi all
>
> i am trying to use the latest-glassfish.zip file [1] in order to install
> and run GlassFishv3. When i unzip the archive and try to launch
> ./bin/pkg tool, i get the following output:
>
> The software needed for this command (pkg) is not installed.
>
> When this tool interacts with package repositories, some system information
> such as your system's IP address and operating system type and version
> is sent to the repository server. For more information please see:
>
> http://wiki.updatecenter.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=UsageMetricsUC2
>
> Once installation is complete you may re-run this command.
>
> Would you like to install this software now (y/n): y
>
> Proxy: Using system proxy settings.
> Install image: /export/home/japod/test/glassfishv3
> Installing pkg packages.
> Unrecognized exception: Package pkg-toolkit-incorporation contains constraint that requires downgrade of installed pkg pkg://dev.glassfish.org/pkg-java_at_1.122,0-38.2471:20090930T091727Z: Pkg pkg-java: Optional min_version: 1.122-37 max_version: 1.122-37 defined by: pkg:/pkg-toolkit-incorporation
> com.sun.pkg.client.Constraint$DowngradeConflict: Package pkg-toolkit-incorporation contains constraint that requires downgrade of installed pkg pkg://dev.glassfish.org/pkg-java_at_1.122,0-38.2471:20090930T091727Z: Pkg pkg-java: Optional min_version: 1.122-37 max_version: 1.122-37 defined by: pkg:/pkg-toolkit-incorporation
> at com.sun.pkg.client.Constraint.checkForWork(Constraint.java:365)
> at com.sun.pkg.client.Image$ImagePlan.evaluateFmri(Image.java:465)
> at com.sun.pkg.client.Image$ImagePlan.evaluate(Image.java:530)
> at com.sun.pkg.client.Image.makeAndEvaluateImagePlan(Image.java:1548)
> at com.sun.pkg.client.Image.makeInstallPlan(Image.java:1526)
> at com.sun.pkg.client.Image.installPackages(Image.java:1592)
> at com.sun.pkg.bootstrap.Bootstrap._main(Bootstrap.java:219)
> at com.sun.pkg.bootstrap.Bootstrap._main(Bootstrap.java:154)
> at com.sun.pkg.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:104)
>

> Is this a known issue? What to do next to get the pkg tool installed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~Jakub
>
> [1]http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3/nightly/latest-glassfish.zip

Sorry for confusion, taken the file from an internal storage (reluctant to publish
the address here), and now relalized, that the latest-glassfish.zip file from the url above
is from Sept 28, while my zip is dated Oct 4th. Are the latest GFv3 nightlies
only available for internal usage?

Thanks,

~Jakub