users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish on a Mac

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:00:37 PDT

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to Glassfish and java development and I'm trying to start. I have a programmer background.

I got the latest Glassfish for a Mac off of http://download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse/ (the Glassfish Tools Bundle for Eclipse) and install it. MacOS is 10.5.8.

I had a test 'Hello world' dynamic web project to work a few months back. Had to swing back to another language for awhile and now I come back, install the latest update on the Mac and now my simple "Hellow world" dynamic web project isn't work! I'm getting a 404 "resource not found" error when I try to run it off of the mac just to test. I'm running the v2.1 server on my local mac.

My coworker had the same issue. He said all this happened when the apple java update got installed.

is this a common problem? How do I go about fixing this? Re-installing the latest version of Glassfish didn't work. I re-install it yesterday and still getting the same error.

Help! :(

thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'meowmee' (tearsea88_at_yahoo.com)]