users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 preview deployment problem with Eclipse 3.4

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 03:09:54 PDT

Hello,

I have the same (or at least similar) problem.

What I can tell, is that if you create an ejb-project without ejb-client-project,
the deployment works.

As soon as you split the ejb-project into ejb- and ejb-client-project
the deployment fails with that errormessage "Invalid ejb jar [xxxEJB.jar]: it contains zero ejb...".

Also I had a very simple test-project: only 1 statless ejb with 1 remote-interface-method.
That make 3 projects in eclipse:
1) xxxEAR:
2) xxxEJB: containing the implementation of the remote-interface
3) xxxEJB-Client: containing the remote-interface

Everthing created via the wizzards with default-settings.

My config:

JEE-Eclipse Galileo (based on Eclipse 3.5.0) (standard download - not extra plugins)
GF3-plugin 1.0.33 (latest)
latest GF3-preview from last week.
all runnung with Java 1.6.0_16
on WinXP

For me it looks like GF does not recognize, that the interface of the ejb is located in another (ejb-client) jar (although the Class-Path entry in the manifest of the ejb-project is set to that).

Hope that information helped a little
(and hope even more that there will be a solution soon ;-))

Greetings
Kurt
[Message sent by forum member 'kurt2002' (kurt2002_at_fastmail.fm)]