users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 preview deployment problem with Eclipse 3.4

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:37:57 PDT

update to my experience.

1) the same happens in netbeans 6.8beta.

(it looks like there is a new deployment strategy which causes this error ?)

2) (in eclipse again) i deployed the same projects to glassfish v2 without errors.
taken the resulting ear.jar from glassfish2 and put into autodeploy-folder of
glassfish3 it was deployed without any complaints by gf3.

3) what i could see, was that (at least) eclipse did not provide an ear.jar instead unpacked all the jars inside into folders - also the ejb-client-jar. maybe this
prevents the class-path-setting (to ejbClient.jar) in ejb-jar's manifest from working, causing that "contains zero-ejb"-error.

hope that helped ...

and also hope somebody can provide me with some suggestions how to setup my projectsettings, ... or whatever, that will enable me to layout my projectstructure
in that way, that i can split (remote-)interfaces from ejb-implementation-classes.

thanks
kurt
[Message sent by forum member 'kurt2002' (kurt2002_at_fastmail.fm)]