users@glassfish.java.net

Installation troubleshooting console or log?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 05:34:09 PDT

I never see "Domain domain1 started. Press any key to continue ..." when I run start-default-domain.bat . The log file simply ends with "start". I don't know what to try next.

I have re-installed several times using the Glass fish with NetBeans bundle (that seemed to fail to install Netbeans, curiously) and lastly with Netbeans with Glassfish bundled. I upgraded to JDK 6 r 16. I might possibly have other software that interferes (I did have Apache running, at first, and I was once using Java DB with Tomcat) but I've scrubbed my machine pretty thoroughly at this point.

Could someone suggest a next step that would produce some interesting log or console output? (Other than asking me if I've read the quick start page, set PATH and AS_ADMIN_USER, JAVA_HOME, etc.)

I'm sorry to post such a newbie question, but this software has simply gone dark on me.
[Message sent by forum member 'tpc1095' (tim_at_simplenetsoftware.com)]