users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Trouble calling a _at_Remove method of a stateful bean during a CMT

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:22:56 PDT

I don't know the point of @Remove or what the spec authors were thinking, but it says that invoking an @Remove method removes the SFB [b]and[/b] the associated session. I think the transaction is associated with the session so removing the session requires completing the transaction.

I would expect things to work if the [b]last[/b] thing your SLB did was invoke an @Remove method (then returned), but wouldn't be overly surprised if it didn't [though perhaps disappointed :-].

I suspect you're trying to do something that just isn't allowed due to the lack of a session but I do not know, nor do I have a fix for you (except perhaps you can override the @Remove via the SFB's deployment descriptor?).
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury_at_abinitio.com)]