users@glassfish.java.net

secure ports (8080 -> 8181)

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:25:01 +0200

Hi there,

my basic authentication started to work here.. but:

Glassfish automatically switches the port from 8080 to 8181 when I try
to access the secure pages...

Problems is: I am using a proxy server (dyndns), and it would be
easier if I can continue using the same port for security, just
controlled by the path used to access my restful resources...

questions:

1) how to change the ports ? (then I can even configure my proxy to a
port of my choice . instead of the default number probably preferred
by the attack bots)
2) Is it possible to keep 8080 for all pages, just controlling the
security through the roles and groups of my applications ? Does it
make sense at all ?

glassfish is every day more joyful :)