users@glassfish.java.net

PWC1227 doing JSF Facelets example in JavaEE 6 tutorial Beta1 w/ v3 preview

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:30:49 PDT

This sample has a bit of manual stuff in it but I've compared what I created against the tutorial text and it looks "right".

The visible symptom when I navigate to my index.html and it is forwarded to the greeting.xhtml, is that none of my <h:graphicImage>, <h:outputText>, <h:inputText>, etc are getting rendered.

The log gives the error:
SEVERE: StandardWrapperValve[FacesServlet]: PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet FacesServlet threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: PWC1227: Cannot forward after response has been committed

I suspect this may be one of those errors that JSF folks see a lot when something is just a little off, but being new to JSF (thus the tutorial :-)) I'm not sure what it is trying to tell me.

I also suspect that chasing down this problem will prove a better grounding in the mechanisms of JSF than I would have gotten if the code had just worked so I'm seeing this as an opportunity rather than a problem.

The only forward I'm seeing here is the one on the index.html, but I gather that JSF uses forwards internally. Can somebody describe briefly the typical sort of mechanism that results in this error and the sort of thing I need to look out for?

Then I can go back and compare what I did wrong against what the tutorial said and give those guys feedback if I really did precisely what they told me to.

Thanks,
Lupestro
[Message sent by forum member 'lupestro' (lupestro)]