users@glassfish.java.net

Re: About memory leaks in GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 02:17:43 PDT

For the moment, I can not be more specific.
I can only tell you that I have a small app I can deploy only 7 times on a GlassFish server before having headaches (OutofMemoryError during deployment).

We have taken some dumps and we are currently analyzing them.
We took a look at one heap dump we extracted.
This shows a lot of leak suspects (EJBClassloader, ...).
We will take a closer look and try to check whether we can find jar files not closed ...

(the headaches are due to the necessity to identify the right java processes to kill the faulty instance (without killing the others) because no other options work : admin console unusable, asadmin as well, ...)
[Message sent by forum member 'vkoniecz' (vkoniecz)]