users@glassfish.java.net

Re: New version of Eclipse plugin for glassfish published

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:16:48 PDT

> > Yes, please make sure that you have the correct
> > version of eclipse.
>
> To answer your and Ludovic's quesion, I have Eclipse
> Galileo on Mac OS X, I believe first installed as the
> CDT package, and later I added the WTP plugins,
> including the J2EE plugins.

I checked my Galileo installation once more: I had installed the "Eclipse Java EE Developer Tools", but not the JST plugins ( "JST Server Adapters", "JST Server UI", "JST Web UI"). After installing those, I also could now install the current GlassFish plugin successfully, so it was my fault.

Maybe it would be good to point out the plugin prerequisites explicitly somewhere for people who do not start with the Jave EE edition of Eclipse, but upgrade another Eclipse installation to it. I checked the page "Eclipse 3.4 and GlassFish v3 Prelude integration" (https://glassfishplugins.dev.java.net/eclipse34/index.html), and there it only says "Download the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers".

Regards
Stephan
[Message sent by forum member 'smuehlst' (smuehlst)]