users@glassfish.java.net

Lazy deployment of EJBs?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:53:51 PDT

Is there an easy way to tell Glassfish to deploy an .ear file in phases?

I'd like, for example, to have the .war files within my .ear file deployed first, and have the EJBs deployed in the background, so that my .war files are available quickly. Obviously, if someone hits a given .war file and causes an EJB invocation, and if that EJB hasn't been deployed yet, then yeah, they're going to have to wait for potentially a long time until the EJB is deployed. That's fine.

What I'd like to avoid (given the sheer number of EJBs the system I'm currently working on is likely to have) is having to wait for all the zillions of EJBs to come up in full deployment mode before anything can work.

If I'm overlooking something obvious, please tell me where it is, and I'll happily go there instead. :-)

Thanks,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson' (ljnelson)]