users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB Timer Service missing class files in ejb/j2ee-apps/__ejb_container_time

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:22:30 -0700

Hi Mukunt,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi Marina,
> Thanks for your advice. I see the below in the bottom of the bug report
> [i]Marina forwarded this to me. My two cents. When I investigated a similar issue with Sailfin, we found that
> the system app deployment did not happen correctly. This can happen due to many reasons.
> 1. The first ever startup of the domain was aborted (that would leave system app deployment at half way)
> 2. Some how (by user action) generated directory was tampered with.
> In the case, I investigated, it was due to the setup of the user, where generated directory was modified.
> Usually recreating the domain solves such problems. [/i]
>
> But, in my case, I am installing on my local PC with the rights of admin user. I did not do anything manually inside the AppServer installation folder. I tried uninstalling existing server, deleted the folder and reinstalled.
>
> Can you please advice me how to find that my directory gets corrupted?

Check generated directory under domains/domain1 (or where your domain is). All
the generated classes will be there.

  Apart from domain log, will there be any log generated during installation?.
The mystery thing is, the same version of installation works fine in another
machine. So for sure, something wrong happens with my PC.

Can it be that your domain is located somewhere else, not on your PC or that the
disk where it is located is full?

Regards,
-marina