users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Default Web Module and alternatedocroot_1 virtual directory problem

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:42:30 -0700

On 08/16/09 23:38, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> No...I tried that...like the internet that one fateful day...It's Just Gone!
>
> http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/166182
>
> When I set the default module to 'mainsite' and hit Save, the virtual directory disappears. When I select 'no default module' and hit Save...the virtual directory reappears. It's voodoo!

Hmm, I've been trying to reproduce the issue, without any success.

I've amended our unit test that deploys a webapp that has alternate
docroots configured in
its sun-web.xml to also declare the webapp as the virtual server's
default-web-module.
In addition to accessing the webapp at its designated context root, the
unit test now also
accesses it at the virtual server's root context. I've verified that the
alternate docroots are
being honored in either case.

I've verified this with GlassFish 2.1 as well as the upcoming GlassFish
v2.1.1 and v3.

Could you send your webapp's sun-web.xml?

Thanks,

Jan