users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What is the future of glassfish

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:44:26 +0200

Unfortunately I don't think anyone from Sun can comment on Oracle's
intentions for GlassFish's long-term future until the deal closes.

Having said that, Sun offers GlassFish Enterprise v2.1 support today
and you can read the EOL (End-Of-Life) policy here: http://www.sun.com/service/eosl/software.jsp
. It should give you all the runway you need for your application.
A 2.1.1 version is also due before the end of the year and GlassFish
v3* is due in November (see http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/updated_glassfish_v3_fcs_schedule)
, and will fall under the same support structure.

hope this helps,
-Alexis

*: this page compares the various GlassFish releases : http://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/comparing_v2_and_v3.html