users@glassfish.java.net

[jmx] configure the rmiregistry port?

From: Paul Sterk <Paul.Sterk_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:05:04 -0700

Hi,

I am using a JMX client to monitor a remote GlassFish v2.1 instance,and
most ports on the remote host are closed. So, I would like to
reconfigure the rmiregistry's default port from 1099 to another open
port. Ideally, I could use a system flag - something like
-Djava.rmi.registry.port=9999, and then use the Admin Console to set it
as a JVM option. The problem is that I do not see a flag like this
documented anywhere.

If anyone knows how to reset the rmiregistry's default port using a
GlassFish user interface, please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul