users@glassfish.java.net

Please help configure Catalina 'Valve'

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:06:27 PDT

We have a problem in our application when it is served over SSL with an authenticated user. Users with Internet Explorer get errors downloading documents that we stream to them. All other browsers work fine. I see that there are headers in the response that we DO NOT set in our code (Cache-Control and Pragma). It appears GlassFish is doing it. It seems like this problem:

http://anydoby.com/jblog/article.htm?id=118

So I would like to use his work around which is, for Tomcat, to put this in a context.xml file:

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.NonLoginAuthenticator" securePagesWithPragma="false"/>

I have only basic experience with Tomcat and have never done anything with Valves, so if someone can help I'd appreciate it. Basically, what would be the way to get GlassFish to see this?

Thanks,
Mike
[Message sent by forum member 'mikewitters' (mikewitters)]