users@glassfish.java.net

Calling a Service in Glassfish via SSL from Tomcat with no DNS

From: jsexton0 <jsexton0_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

We have a problem calling a secured service in our Glassfish server. We
extract the "s1as" certificate from Glassfish's keystore, and load it into
the keystore on our Tomcat server, but the call fails with no
AltSubjectName.

I think our problem is that the extracted certificate has a CN of the fully
qualified host name of the Glassfish server. But our call needs to work in
an environment that has no name service. We need to be able to make the
call with an IP address (ie https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/path/).

What can we do?

Thanks