users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Connection Pool Configurations and Monitoring Results

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 04:40:34 PDT

OK - Adding on and kind of answering my own question; I'm now interpeting that the 'NumConnAcquired' means the "total" number of connections acquired by the application. And this is incrementing everytime a connection is requested. I came to this conclusion based on the incrementing number between two features. So I think I'm safe to intepret it this way. And therefore my confusion on the 135 below should be resolved now, unless someone reads this and thinks that I've got it wrong.

However, during this test I noticed that the 'NumConnCreated' crept up to 35. And it stayed on 35. So I continue to have the question on how my MaxConnectionPoolSize is treated in which I gave 30. If anyone has any thing to share on this it'd be great.

Cheers
-- Imran
[Message sent by forum member 'imranbohoran' (imranbohoran)]