users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MDB Cluster not consuming JMS Queue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:48:54 PDT

> Thanks for the prompt reply.
>
> I'm using the jmsra adapter, striving to obtain some
> of the behavior described by the generic adapter.
> Seems a bit odd that I've got more flexibility with
> the generic than with the native adapter.

Indeed it does. We do plan to eventually combine the features of these two resource adapters (and a third used only by Glassfish ESB) to provide maximum flexibility, which should remove such inconsistencies.

> It appears that I lose at least one level of
> indirection with this solution. I really wanted to
> separate the AddressList from the MDB. By specifying
> it on a ConnectionFactory I maintain the separate
> 'developer' vs. 'deployer' roles. Yes, I believe I
> can still override with deployment descriptors...
> just really wanted to have a single point of
> control.

Yes, agreed.

> I would like to know why the
> connectionFactoryJNDIName was (deliberately?)
> disabled from the jmsra resource adapter.

Sorry, don't know.

Nigel
[Message sent by forum member 'nigeldeakin' (nigeldeakin)]