users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MDB Cluster not consuming JMS Queue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:00:55 PDT

I'm experiencing similar, without cluster. I have an MDB that I want to have listen to a remote queue (hosted by glassfish on a second server). The only place where I can see a config option for a remote address is on the Connection Factory. So how exactly do I configure an MDB for a specific Connection Factory?

The "generic ra" ActivationSpec provides a "connectionFactoryJNDIName", but that appears to be 'disabled" via a prefix '_' on the set & get property methods so it is not visible when trying to set that via @ActivationConfigProperty. Deliberately so... so is there an "accepted" way to config a factory? Documentation on this is very sparse, and does not specifically address the issue. Must I drop down into the deployment descriptors?

Thanks for advice/thoughts in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'rsitze' (rsitze)]