users@glassfish.java.net

question on simple ha

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:46:14 PDT

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to establish an HA system as cheap as possible. By cheap I mean there is no shared storage. Supposing there exists 2 servers (running more than one hosts with virtual machines) only, it seems to me like the simplest and cheapest way is to have MS SQL running in high safe mirroring mode on 2 servers, having 2 glassfish instances in cluster configuration, and having load balancer plugins installed on IIS running on windows which are connected with NLB for load balancing/fail over. Can you comment on this architecture ? Does anything looks strange ?

Thank you.

Mete
[Message sent by forum member 'metebalci' (metebalci)]