users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JNDI datasource names and persistence.xml

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:06:44 +0530

No, you are not missing anything. Sadly, that's true AFAIK. jndi-name is
environment specific and hence your persistence.xml needs to be
repackaged when you change from one vendor to another. Unlike other
technologies like EJB, JPA folks did not take the path of having a
vendor specific deployment descriptor.

When EE6 comes out, you may be able to specify something like
java:global:... to make it work everywhere. This's my understanding.

Thanks,
Sahoo