users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Stumped by ServletContext and ServletContextListener behavior

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:22:18 -0700

On 08/06/09 10:05, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thank you Jan.
>
> Unfortunately, its a little late.
>
> And this was the second bug to which the only OS answer I got was "Its fixed in GF3" so I'll stand by my interpretation that GF2 seemed (seems) to be more or less abandoned.

Did you not see my reply in this thread?

I backported the fix to GlassFish v2.1.1 several months ago (on Mar 24,
to be precise).
The fix has been available in all the promoted builds of GlassFish
v2.1.1 since that date.

You can download the latest promoted build from

  https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2.1.1-b26

You don't need any support contract to get this fix.

I'm not sure what else you expect me to do.

And no, GlassFish v2 is not dead at all. See

  http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=PlanForGlassFishV2.1.1

for release details.

Hope this helps.

Jan