users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Stumped by ServletContext and ServletContextListener behavior

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:05:30 PDT

Thank you Jan.

Unfortunately, its a little late.

And this was the second bug to which the only OS answer I got was "Its fixed in GF3" so I'll stand by my interpretation that GF2 seemed (seems) to be more or less abandoned.

(The other bug was the Netbeans profiler failing to run with GF2 in the JDK6 release.)

I don't think "if you want it to work buy a support contract" is a very good answer either. The story that says is "we distribute broken open source, pay us and we'll give you a fix." That may not be the way you intend it but it IS the way it comes off.
[Message sent by forum member 'jeffpk' (jeffpk)]